Designated Lead Person Forum
A part of the Gaining Perspective in Troubling Times Series
Monthly, Next forum on Friday, 14th May 2021 10.30 am - 12 noon.
THIS MONTH: A guest Speaker will talk about amendments to Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020, changes with regards to Safer Recruitment and Selection, arising from our departure from the European Union.
Are you feeling a bit lonely and perhaps overwhelmed in your role at the moment? Maybe you are wondering how you can continue to cope during these uncertain times. You 'know' that there are significant demands on you and your team safeguarding wise, yet worry that there may be things that you are missing.
It is true that the level of abuse to children, including unborn babies, has grown significantly over the last ten months. The crisis has triggered early life traumas, leaving both adults and children in a highly vulnerable state.
Coercive control within households is now more deeply embedded.
Domestic abuse has spiked. And a variety of grooming behaviours are going undetected.
The systematic abuse of some children has become the norm.
Designated Lead Persons, their Safeguarding Team and broader professional community MUST be alert and well informed. It is essential, but there is a time to pause and take stock, appraise how you might be doing, and look at how you might build on it.
Most important is a sensitive, professionally facilitated space where peers can share their experiences safely.
This ninety-minute Designated Lead Person Forum is intended as :
* A strengths-based and solution-focused approach to working with vulnerable children, young people and their families
* An opportunity for support, development and a 'light touch' of training or discussion on a topical subject
* A chance to stand back and gain perspective on what might be going well, what is challenging and possible routes towards resolution
* A creative space to share ideas, to request brief consultation and build alliances
* Professional confidence-building
Each Designated Lead Person Forum will be held 'live' on Zoom. It'll run monthly, between 10.30 am - 12 noon, on a Friday. We have just 12 places available, on a first-come, first-served basis. The fee for each Forum is £20 + VAT.
Join us for the first Designated Lead Person Forum on Friday, 14th May, 10.30 am - 12 noon.