1-DAY TRAINING IN LONDON
Designated Lead Person Refresher Training
Worried about COVID-19? We conducted a thorough appraisal of the venue and their precautionary measures. Learn more here.
Our Designated Lead Person refresher training addresses the full range of designated responsibilities, drawing upon a multi-agency perspective that complies fully with all legal requirements; including those directed by the Local Safeguarding Children Board to work with statutory agencies and other partners.
This Designated Lead Person for Safeguarding refresher training is London Safeguarding Children Partnership Group 4/5 level.
Our course also draws upon the most up to date legislation and guidance and most importantly its application to practice, including:
We will walk participants through the full range of the Designated Lead Person for Safeguarding role. It references the school Senior Leadership Team, including Proprietor and Governor responsibilities in ensuring that Designated Lead Persons are well supported and resourced to carry out their role effectively.
This training is suitable for those who are refreshing their knowledge (a requirement of the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 guidance), or who need to gain an overview of the role.
We offer Designated Lead Person refresher training for both education and non-education settings. Wider professional services, outside of Education include: Private, voluntary and independent sector early years services, Children’s Centres, Charities, faith organisations, sports and arts clubs for children, health services (emotional, mental and physical health), community safety officers and housing.
What we'll explore...
- The responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead Person
- The critical role of the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board
- How to successfully work with partnerships
- What the key messages are from the Serious Case Reviews
- What all staff, volunteers and governors need to know and understand about safeguarding
- How to manage risk and understand the thresholds for referrals to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), including Children’s Social Care
- What to do below the MASH referral threshold, including Early Help Assessments
- Understanding the barriers to disclosure
- Information sharing and challenge
- Playing your part in sensitive assessment that honours race, culture, language, religion, beliefs systems and values whilst maintaining clear focus on safeguarding responsibilities
- What all staff need to know about female genital mutilation and sexual exploitation
- Understanding Online safety for children and staff
- Recognising the interface between high standards of professional conduct and behaviour and active enactment of the Whistle-blowing Policy in the prevention of allegations against staff
- Understanding inspection judgements relating to safeguarding
The 1-day refresher course addresses high levels of detail relevant to the Designated Safeguarding Lead Person role; however, it does not include high levels of delegate participation, a feature of our usual approach and what you will experience with our 2-day initial training course.
If you are new to the Designated Lead Person for Safeguarding role or have been a Designated Lead Person for some time and need to formalise your understanding of the role then please see our more appropriate 2-day induction training.
John Guest brings a strong strategic and operational management experience to the team and is widely regarded for his vast experience in safeguarding, including his facilitation of Serious Case Reviews and chairing several Safeguarding Children Board sub-groups.
NEXT TRAINING DATE
9 am until 4.15 pm
Anglo Educational Services, 5 Richbell Place, Holborn, London, WC1N 3LA
If you prefer online refresher training check out this page >>
One of our training rooms where we’re using chair desks to help maintain social distance.
Training in central London
A full day of training, 9.30 am until 4.15 pm.
£210 + VAT
(including light lunch and refreshments throughout the day)
A full day of training
(including a light lunch and refreshments throughout)